Walking for Health
If you’re not prepared to run the race, you may consider walking!
Walking is a great place to start and get fit. There are many advantages of walking for exercise.
- No gym membership and it is free.
- An easy place to start and we do it every day.
- It improves blood pressure, cholesterol, stress, and depression.
- Promotes weight loss and reduces the risk for other chronic diseases.
- Enjoyable and you can walk with others.
- Safe form of physical activity.
- There are many places you can walk.
- Start with 10 minutes of walking each day.
The American Diabetes Association recommends that when you begin walking, find a comfortable pace and try to add about three to five minutes to your daily walking time each week. A good goal is at least 30 minutes of brisk walking, five days a week. The best time to begin a walking program – right now.